ISTE was founded in the year 1967 with a mission to advance for the cause of education in general and all its function which pertain to engineering and allied branches of engineering and technology, architecture and town planning, pharmacy, management, process of teaching and learning, research, extension services and public relations in particular. The main goal is to serve as a common agency for stimulating and guiding its members to formulate the general goals and responsibilities of technical education for the service of mankind and the advancement of general welfare.
ISTE faculty Chapter-GGS CMT Kharar
GGS College of Modern Technology is an active member of ISTE. Various students and faculty development programmes were organized under the aegis of ISTE. Every year overall best student and faculty awards were given. The college annual Tech Fest (Parhelion) was organized in collaboration of ISTE in which more than 5000 students were participated from all over the country.
The major objective of the ISTE is:
1.To formulate the general goals & responsibilities of technical education.
2. To adjust curriculum & educational processes to changing conditions.
3.To develop effective teachers & educational administrators.
4. To improve instructional methods & practices & administrative usages.
5. To enhance professional ideals & standards.
6. To foster research as a function complementary to teaching.
7. To cultivate fraternal spirit amongst the teachers, administrators, industrialists & professionals.
8.To bring about effective linkage between technical institutions industry & society.
9.To award Honorary fellowships, Awards and Prizes, for furthering the objectives of Technical Education.